OTAAA ALUMNI MEET: 17 – 18 SEP 2016
- OTAAA Annual General Body Meet 2016, Golden Jubilee of SSC-1 and Silver Jubilee of SSC-51 and 52 was held at OTA Chennai from 17 Sep 2016 to 18 Sep 2016.
- The Academy wore a resplendent look to receive our guests. A large number of members of Alumni with their families attended the events to make it a nostalgic moment for all.
- The pgme for two days :-
17 Sep 2016
- OTA Darshan
- Participation in Club Activities
- Screening of Film on OTA
- Release of SS-1 Golden Jubilee Book.
- Release of OTAAA News Letter – Sep 2016.
- Annual Alumni Dinner
- Trophy Presentation by SSC-1, SSC-51 and SSC-52.
- Alumni Ball.
18 Sep 2016
- Tree Plantation by SSC-1
- Wreath Laying by SSC-1
- Jubilee Games
- Tug of war
- Cricket (Ten Over)
- Unveiling of bust of 2 Lt Rajeev Sandhu, MVC (P)
- OTA Darshan
- Course Get Togethers and Picnic
- Participation in Club Activities
- Military Band Symphony
- Golden/Silver Jubilee Dinner
- Highlights of the Events are given as under :-.
(a) The Alumni witnessed the Infrastructure Development and Trg facilities which were of the highest standards.
(b) The Military Band Symphony presented by the OTA Mil Band and Officers and Ladies of the OTA as a tribute to all our Alumni.
(c) The Alumni Ball was the highlight of Alumni Dinner.
- The Golden and Silver Jubilee Courses presented the following trophies to the OTA :
SS-1 SS-51 SS-52
- The interactions were very nostalgic with lot of enthusiasm and energy displayed by the Golden Jubilee Course of SSC-1.
- The Bust of 2/Lt Rajeev Sandhu, MVC (P) sponsored by SSC-49 was unveiled on 18 Sep 2016 at Meiktila Coy.
- During the interaction a large number of important issues were brought out by the Commandant. During the address to the AGB he highlighted two main issues:-
(a) Pre-Retirement Orientation and Re-Settlement Pgme for SSC Offrs. The case for introduction of Pre-Retirement and Re-Settlement Pgme for SSC Offrs was taken up with AG’s Br. As a result, a pgme of one year Executive MBA Course for SSC Offrs is being considered and will be implemented shortly.
(b) MSP auth to Tech Entry SSC Offrs. MSP since its auth in 2008 is being given to the Tech GCs at IMA. However, the MSP as a part of pay was not claimed and paid since its incorporation to the SSC Tech Entry Offrs. A case was taken up for grant of MSP to Tech Entry SSC Offrs of OTA Chennai. In addition, the proposal to incl Non-Tech Entry SSC Offrs has also been initiated.
- Excerpts of feedback recd from our Alumni :-
- “The entire Academy was shining. The improvements in every field were distinctively visible. The food was good. Sunday Breakfast was superb. Every one of us was comfortable beyond expectations. All the events were very well planned and scrupulously executed. The Band Symphony stole the show. All of us were thoroughly impressed. Therefore I congratulate you for the excellent show.”
Brig KG Kadam, VSM
- “We had an excellent stay at OTA and we felt proud to see the Academy with big changes making it among the best ones in the Country. Enthusiasm and positive response from everyone needs to be commended.”
Brig IR Diwan
- “It was indeed a memorable experience to attend the two days Golden Jubilee celebrations of our course at the OTA Chennai on 17 and 18 Sep 2016. We were all, and I can say this without any exaggeration or fear of contradiction, impressed with the huge improvement in the physical infrastructure in the Academy and the high standard of maintenance that was palpable in the entire area. The whole audience deeply appreciated your vision and future course of action planned for the Academy, as you outlined during your address at the AGM. I am sure the OTA, our Alma Mater, has a very bright future ahead.
We are all also grateful to you and your staff, for the excellent arrangements made during our stay there.”
Dr Sudhir S Bloeria, IAS
- “Sincere thanks for the excellent show organized, indeed a memorable one. One could not have asked for anything better. The Musical Symphony was awesome.”
Col SL Somayaji
- “Our sincere thanks to Alma Mater for having provided us a platform to Relive our Memories. I think it would be great if we can maintain the stds achieved during this meet. Great experience for our spouses as well.”
Col S Dhupar
- “Nostalgic memories of the visit was due to the intense involvement of OTA Staff. A big thanks to the Commandant for his personal efforts in making the occasion grand. Efforts of the Leader and his Vision were impressive.”
Col SR Desai
- “Had a stupendous & memorable Silver Jubilee owing to the untiring efforts the ‘Team OTA’. Sincere gratitude and wishing the very best for you all.”
Lt Col Manoj Handa
- “No shortcomings, all aspects far Excellent than Excellent. It will be very difficult for future generation Offrs & Staff to meet the present standards. Beyond imagination, keep it up OTA.”
Lt Col PD Bahuguna